Why Lenny's Book of Everything is so Amazing
Lenny’s Book of Everything by Karen Foxlee is officially on my favourite books ever list (a not-so rare achievement, but a great one nevertheless). Here’s a list of why (in no particular order).
- THE WRITING
- Word choices
- It’s simple yet descriptive and also concise at all the same time
- The similes and metaphors – they match the feeling perfectly
- Sentences – all amazing, all different shapes & sizes
- They’re all very defined and different but not in an overboard way – they’re exactly like real people
- Fantastically developed
- They know exactly who they are, if you get what I mean? They are the person, they are so real, it’s just ahhhhh I can’t get over it (this is kind of like the one before but STILLL)
- Lovable (Davey and Lenny are just amazinggg)
- THE STORY
- Encyclopedias! The incorporation and idea of them in the story is great and fits so well and just the concept of it is fantastic
- How it travels through each letter throughout the story and ends with Z.
- I was never bored in the whole entire book, which is pretty good considering quite a few books always have that bit you’re just pushing through to get to the good stuff
- The way the chapters are set out (the height of the words and font and everything)
- The cover is the awesome!!
- Australian (QLD!) author
- The little eagles and beetles throughout the book
- Everything is just amazing and the writing is perfect
I definitely spent way too much time hugging this book after I read it.